We have specific prevention and education functions under our legislation to:
- examine systems and practices in the public sector and public sector legislation
- provide information to, consult with and make recommendations to, the public sector
- to assist the public sector to increase capacity to prevent corrupt conduct by providing advice, training and education services
- provide information and education services to the community about the detrimental effects of corruption on public administration and ways in which to assist in preventing corrupt conduct
- publish information on ways to prevent corrupt conduct.
IBAC aims to make the greatest impact on preventing corruption and police misconduct by focusing on three key strategies:
- Engaging with the community and the public sector to improve understanding of corruption and its harms.
- Improving reporting of corruption and helping to build the public sector’s capacity to address reports.
- Alerting organisations to the latest information and intelligence to stay ahead of corruption risks.
Our prevention efforts focus on serious public sector corruption and police misconduct. We also work collaboratively with key partners, including the Victorian Ombudsman, the Auditor General and the Public Sector Commission to ensure a coordinated approach to safeguarding integrity in the Victorian public sector.