Annual report 2019/20
This annual report outlines IBAC's work in the 2019/20 ﬁnancial year to build a corruption-resistant Victorian public sector. It details our operational and ﬁnancial performance, achievements, and how we work to prevent and expose public sector corruption and police misconduct.
This report is a key accountability document and one way we report on our activities and outcomes to our stakeholders: the Parliament of Victoria, Victoria Police, public sector leaders and employees, and the Victorian community.
IBAC's key achievements in 2019/20 include:
- receiving 2419 complaints/notifications, a three per cent increase on 2018/19
- assessing 5955 allegations of suspected corruption or police misconduct, a two per cent increase on 2018/19
- assessing 1184 allegations assessed as public interest and protected disclosures, a 35 per cent increase on 2018/19
- commencing 24 investigations and preliminary inquiries into alleged serious public sector corruption and police misconduct
- finalising 28 investigations and preliminary inquiries
- making 46 formal recommendations (under the IBAC Act) for public sector agencies, including Victoria Police, to improve their systems, practices and controls
- reviewing 59 police investigations, a 31 per cent increase on 2019/20, and eight public sector investigations
- delivering 75 corruption prevention initiatives including hosting the Australian Public Sector Anti-Corruption Conference.