Most public sector agencies have a Public Interest Disclosure Coordinator to receive and forward potential Public Interest Disclosure complaints to IBAC.
By law, IBAC must be notified of:
- potential Public Interest Disclosures
- allegations of police misconduct by Victoria Police
- suspected corrupt conduct.
Mandatory notification forms and resources to help principal officers meet their obligations are available below.
The Chief Commissioner of Police must notify IBAC of any complaint they receive about corrupt conduct or police personnel misconduct.
If the Chief Commissioner investigates a complaint about police personnel misconduct, they must report to us on the results of the investigation and any actions taken.
We must also be notified of any complaints about the conduct of:
- the Chief Commissioner of Police
- a Deputy Commissioner of Police
- an Assistant Commissioner of Police.