Annual report 2022/23
This Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) annual report describes operational and financial performance, achievements and work undertaken in 2022/23 to prevent and expose public sector corruption and police misconduct.
We report in accordance with the Financial Management Act 1994 (FM Act), the Independent Broad-based Anticorruption Commission Act 2011 (IBAC Act) and the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 (PID Act).
- 3558 complaints/notifications received
- 3501 complaints/notifications assessed
- 506 complaints/notifications received as public interest disclosures and public interest disclosure notifications
- 29 investigations and preliminary inquiries commenced into alleged serious public sector corruption and police misconduct
- 26 investigations and preliminary inquiries completed
- 68 formal recommendations made (under the IBAC Act) for public sector agencies, including Victoria Police and Local government, to improve their systems, practices and controls
- 230 reviews of police and public sector investigations, including 42 reviews of serious police incidents
- 157 corruption and police misconduct prevention initiatives delivered
- 11 special, research and perception reports published exposing corruption and police misconduct, and ways they can be prevented.