Annual report 2021/22
This annual report outlines IBAC's work in the 2021/22 ﬁnancial year to build a corruption-resistant Victorian public sector. It details our operational and ﬁnancial performance, achievements, and how we work to prevent and expose public sector corruption and police misconduct.
This report is a key accountability document and one way we report on our activities and outcomes to our stakeholders: the Parliament of Victoria, Victoria Police, public sector leaders and employees, and the Victorian community.
IBAC's key achievements in 2021/22 include:
- reviewing 258 police investigations, a 303 per cent increase on 2020/21
- receiving 3728 complaints/notifications, a 30 per cent increase on 2020/21
- assessing 5646 allegations of suspected corruption or police misconduct, a 13 per cent increase on 2020/21
- commencing 30 investigations and preliminary inquiries into alleged serious public sector corruption and police misconduct
- completing 19 investigations and preliminary inquiries
- making 28 formal recommendations (under the IBAC Act) for public sector agencies, including Victoria Police, to improve their systems, practices and controls
- delivering 125 corruption prevention initiatives, an eight per cent increase on 2020/21.