IBAC's investigation did not identify any serious corrupt conduct or criminal offences by any EMV or FSC employee.
However the investigation did identify organisational issues at EMV regarding:
- the failure to declare or effectively manage conflicts of interest
- poor procurement and contract management practices
- risks associated with record keeping
- a culture within FSC and EMV where the nature of the emergency management environment was used as a justification to bypass established policies and processes
- a dual reporting structure that contributed to a lack of clarity around processes, particularly in relation to procurement.