IBAC identified a number of corruption vulnerabilities relating to internal reporting, purchasing procedures, asset management, cash handling and information security that contributed to this conduct continuing undetected by the Council for a number of years.
In March 2017, Latrobe Council provided a response to IBAC, outlining the key actions it had taken to address the corruption vulnerabilities identified in Operation Logan. These actions include:
- revising and strengthening its procurement policy
- developingtraining related to procurement policies and procedures
- reviewing procedures for purchasing cards and petty cash handling
- conducting a review of assets
- developing an independent record keeping system designed to identify and investigate irregularities
- strengthening information security processes and risk assessments
- strengthening protected disclosure procedures and Code of Conduct.