Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan
The Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission's (IBAC) vision is for a public sector and police that acts with integrity for all Victorians.
IBAC recognises the challenges faced by people making a complaint to IBAC, whether these challenges arise from social, economic, or cultural factors, or the perennial challenge of speaking out.
- We believe that an important step in developing our connection with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities is to build a culturally safe and respectful environment within IBAC to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to come forward with their complaints about public sector corruption and police misconduct.
- We are committed to supporting, developing and creating a culturally safe workplace for our employees who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to ensure they thrive at work.
- We recognise our journey to reconciliation will take time and requires a sustained effort and commitment by all to earn the trust and respect of these communities.
- We are committed to developing our understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and cultures and listening to their stories.
- We are excited to commence our reconciliation journey and look forward to establishing strong partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.