Why report corruption?
Unchecked corruption can:
- take away funding from public services that support you and your family
- waste public money and resources
- undermine people’s trust in and respect for government
- support ongoing criminal activity
- damage the reputations of individuals, colleagues, organisations and the public sector.
How reporting corruption helps
Reporting corrupt activity enables IBAC to:
- expose hidden corruption and risks
- disrupt and stop dishonest practices
- ensure public sector employees act in the public interest
- identify corruption trends, issues and potential risks
- gather intelligence that may lead to an IBAC investigation.