What we do
Support you to report corruption
Anyone can make a complaint to IBAC about public sector corruption and police misconduct. Find out how.
You will be protected for speaking up against wrongdoing.
Information provided to IBAC helps identify broader trends and patterns to help prevent corruption, regardless of a complaint’s outcome.
Investigate and expose corruption
IBAC investigates public sector corruption and police misconduct. We prioritise allegations of serious or systemic corruption and misconduct. Sometimes we hold public examinations.
As a result of our investigations, we can:
- bring criminal proceedings or refer matters to the Office of Public Prosecutions
- make recommendations to prevent further corruption
- publish reports and prevention resources.
IBAC, together with our state’s key integrity system partners, design, deliver and evaluate a wide range of prevention initiatives. These aim to:
- empower people to identify and report corruption
- help organisations build effective corruption and misconduct controls
- strengthen community attitudes towards a strong and lasting anti-corruption culture.